Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whoopi Goldberg: Pat Robertson is Wrong

As someone who considers myself spiritual, when famous so-called Christians say incendiary opinions and pass them off as facts, I get embarrassed and ashamed.

One has to wonder whether Pat Robertson's heart is in the right place. His recently televised views on Haiti sound nothing short of insane. How can anyone say as a fact an entire country, in this case Haiti "made a pact with the devil" and is cursed? Saddens me he professes to hold a Christian view. Christian myself, I don't agree with him. What he says goes against much of Christian teaching. Many have lost those they loved and everything in Haiti and will have to work hard to rebuild their lives.

Haiti presents a grave, humanitarian disaster, and it just seems to me that effort, compassion and care are the appropriate reactions to take as they recover.

As Whoopi Goldberg said today on "The View": Pat Robertson is wrong! And here is an article by a Christian man who agrees with us.

No comments: