Sunday, March 1, 2009

Robbed in Broad Daylight

As an update to "How Friendly is America?" my own purse was snatched today outside of my local grocery store around one o'clock on a Sunday afternoon. It must have happened while loading my car with groceries. What a shock! Hasn't happened before..."this is a safe area."

"It seems like now, since the economy has changed, [thieves] are getting a little bit more sophisticated and a little more brazen" says this current article from CNN about crime.

The economy has gotten so bad it's just a sign of the times that someone needed to spirit away my valuables, including my driver's licence, credit and bank cards, a cellphone. Really rattled me, but I guess the silver lining is that it could have happened in a worse place. I wasn't hurt physically and I was easily rescued by my family and the police.

If the perp is reading this, I hope he/she leaves a comment, to put it politely. That was so wrong. For shame.

No comments: